This young man came to us complaining of his broken tooth (upper left central incisor). The tooth was root treated (RCT) many years ago and it fractured at the level below gum margin.
The tooth was un-saveable and extraction was the only choice.
- Immediate dental implant placement
- Denture to replace missing front tooth
- Full porcelain bridge
After discussed with him, he decided to have dental implant to replace that broken tooth and later crown for the right central incisor.
Continue reading Dental Implant: A case of an Implant at the upper front jaw – immediate placement
A young lady came to our clinic wanted all the gaps between her front teeth to be closed. She stopped her braces treatment about a year ago (due to studying oversea) leaving all her front teeth moving by themselves creating gaps and misalignment..
After examination and assessment of her teeth, we came out with a few treatment plans:
- Restart orthodontic treatment /braces again (Require time)
- Resin composite veneer or full porcelain veneer on right lateral and central incisor only (Imbalance of the width for the front central incisors)
- Crown all the front teeth.
After discussed with her, we finally decided to have her upper four incisors crowned and resin composite on both of her upper canine to reduce the distance between the canines to accommodate the incisors.
Possible problems/risks for crowding the teeth:
- The front teeth will look sightly bigger
- Possible of devitalizing the teeth during preparation of teeth ending up needed root canal treatment.
Continue reading A cases of aesthethic makeover (III) with full porcelain crowns – Closing Gaps